Saturday, July 14, 2007

News and Notes from Orem July 14, 2007


What a fun week we had this past week. Angie, Kyle, Jayson and I along with Bethany (my sister) and her husband Ryan went to Lava Hot Springs (name of the town) in Idaho. I know what you're thinking, it's 100 degrees, why would you want to go sit in a hot spring :) While it does have the hot springs, it also has a very fun Olympic sized swimming pool with 3 platforms, 16 feet, 23 feet and 30 feet to dive off of, along with plenty of other diving boards. We spent the whole afternoon on Thursday playing in the pool, Jayson had no desire to come out, we had to almost drag him out kicking and screaming when it was time to go. Ryan and Kyle went off the 16 foot platform, but I couldn't convince them to go any higher, of course I had no problem with the 23 or 30, although I learned the hard way to keep my arms close to my side. I've got some pretty good bruises on the inside of my arms from where they hit the water going off the 23 ft platform.

That night we hit the hot springs, and let me tell you, when they say hot, they are hot, the "cool" one was 102 degrees and the hot one was over 112 degrees. They were very relaxing and we all enjoyed them, but I'll bet they're even better to go in during the winter.

Lava has a river running right down the middle of it, and people come from all over to go tubing down it. This was so much fun, the boys and the adults all had a blast. Jayson and Kyle didn't miss one turn and Bethany and Ryan only missed one. Angie and I had to take turns driving and taking pictures. She's a much better photographer than I am as you can tell. All in all it was a very relaxing 2 days













Sean went to EFY all week and he had a really good time there. We're sure he made a whole ton of friends.

We hope everyone else is having a wonderful summer and sure do miss you all.

4 comments:

susie-k said...

What a great vacation! Looks like a lot of fun! How far a drive is that from Provo?

Matt K. said...

Lava Hot Springs is about 3 hours from Orem, just south of Pocatello

Anonymous said...

Isn't lava fun?? My friends and I went a couple weeks before you. It's definitely a place to visit. :)
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I am NOT anonymous!