Saturday, March 1, 2008

Welcome to the World Tyler

Tyler David Kohl
Born: March 1, 2008 at 7:29AM (MST)
Weight: 5lb 6oz

Height: 18.5 inches

After about 10 minutes of labor Angela gave birth to a wonderfully healthy little boy this morning. Tyler is about 2 weeks early but we're so glad he's here. As you can see he's on the small side, but other than a little worry about low blood sugar, he's in perfect health.

Both mother and baby are doing awesome. He's been awake and alert all day long, just staring at us and wondering what's going on.

Our day started not too early at 6am, Angie started feeling some contractions about 4am, but wasn't too worried about it until she saw Carries request for prayers for us on her blog, at that point she decided that was a sign and to wake me up. We got the bag packed and headed to the hospital. In the car she had a couple major contractions but by the time we got to the hospital she was still only dilated to a 4 and didn't know if her water had broke.

The nurse took her back to the birthing room and I filled out the obligatory paperwork. I got back in the room a couple minutes later, there were two nurses in the room and it was a beehive of activity. I figured they were just getting ready in case he came in a couple hours. One of the nurses turned to Angie and let her know her Doctor was out of town so Doctor Holmes was going to be delivering the baby, well neither one of us had ever met the man, but he did a great job.

In the meantime the nurse and Angie are speaking in what to me was Chinese, so I just tuned it out. It wasn't until I looked up and saw panic on her face that I started to worry, it was at that time the Doctor showed up, he got his gown on, the nurse asked me to help her getting Angie's legs into the stirrups and all the sudden I looked down and there was a head poking out. I had NO idea it was that close, since everyone was speaking in a language I don't know. It literally happened within minutes of the Doctor arriving. It was a perfect delivery.

Here are some more pictures for your enjoyment, hopefully everyone who can come see him will.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Matt and Angie






























6 comments:

Carrie said...

yeah! hurray!
the pictures and story are fantastic!
i'm glad everyone is doing well. can't wait to hear more stories and see more pictures of the little guy! HUGS.

Anonymous said...

What a darling baby! Congratulations to all of you. Jayson, now YOU are a big brother! Sean and Kyle have fun, too. I'm not surprised by Tyler's big brown eyes! Cuuute! We love you all. Aunt Jana and Uncle Stephen

susie-k said...

Congrats on another beautiful boy!! He's so precious!! Bethany told me she visited and got to hold him, so I'm very jealous!! I do have to say that 10 minutes of labor is JUST NOT FAIR!!!! Well, good for you!!! Give that boy a kiss from his Aunt Susan - maybe we'll have to drive up there for a kiss in person on our spring break! Take care of yourself Angie - and Matt continue taking good care of her! Tell the boys hello!

myks said...

Your new little boy is so cute! He looks just like Jayson! Congrats to all of you! We will come over to see you and Tyler as soon as everyone in my house is done with their stomach flu!

GRK_MMM said...

He is so cute, reminds me of Jayson when he was little.

Farmers Kohl said...

He's so tiny, I forgot how small newborns are! Congratulations on the ten minutes in labor! Teach me your tricks! I'm glad you are all doing well.