Saturday, March 28, 2009

News & Notes from Orem

It's been a busy couple days of spring so far. Jayson had his first soccer games and he has gotten so good, he's almost a head taller than most of the other kids on the team. He has to remember he's so much bigger because he just runs over these smaller children. He's scored 7 goals so far this season over 2 games. Remember there isn't a goalie so it's a little easier, but still, we're very proud of him.

Tyler has taken his first steps, he got up to 8 today with me and Grandma Pat. He was so proud. I'd forgotten how nice a boy he is, with him being sick for so long he was just cranky all the time. I actually got to clean Jayson's room with him just playing so nice by himself. What a disaster area that was, almost 3 full garbage bags of stuff.

We're finally recovered from being sick, Angie and Tyler were sick for over a month, just cold symptoms but it sure makes you feel like crap. I had it for about 2 weeks.

I've been put on a dietary program called First Line Therapy because of my high cholesterol and even more worrying my high triglicerides (over 300, normal is below 150). Surprisingly I've been following it almost to the T, I can't have any refined sugar, for all intents and purposes I can't eat anything that's been processed for the next 12 weeks. Some days are harder than others but for the most part it's livable. If I'm to believe the scale I've dropped almost 15 pounds in 2 weeks. Since it's not really about weight, but what my arteries look like I haven't really been worrying about it too much, although that is a nice side benefit.

No comments: