Saturday, May 19, 2007

News and Notes from Orem 5/19/07

It's been a long time since we've sent out an email, since it's next to impossible for us to do the email thing, I thought we'd follow Carrie's (my brother's wife) example and do a blog. We'll see how long this lasts :)

We've been quite busy over the past couple months working on project after project, we're nearing completion on several of them. We have wanted to enclose the carport for years, well this year we finally went ahead and did it. Turned out to be a bit more expensive than we thought, but we think the results speak for themselves. We also poured a concrete pad in our backyard. For those of you who have been to our house before, it's on the west side right behind the garage all the way to the fence.

We both have been busy with work, Angie took a month long Engineering course so she can drive the fire trucks, which she passed with HONORS!!! Of course she did. Omniture has been growing like crazy, I've hired half a dozen people in the past couple months. I am now Group Manager for our call center, basically the same job I've had for 18 months, but now with a change in title and salary, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Both older boys have been busy with baseball, Sean's freshman team just finished their season, so he's now only got his City League team (Cardinals) to worry about. He's a busy 14 y/o doing all those things that 14 y/o's do; dances, wanting to drive, thinking about girls 24/7 and updating his myspace account and playing runescape online and he's pulled up his grades, he actually was on the honor roll last quarter.

Kyle is busy with his 2 baseball teams, he's on a traveling team which plays double headers every Saturday the Sluggerz. And of course his city league team (Diamondbacks). He's been doing really well on both teams, unfortunately the Sluggerz haven't been too competitive but he's had fun anyway. Kyle continues to do awesome in school, hard to believe he'll be in Jr. High next school year.

Jayson just graduated from pre-school, it was a really cute ceremony, the kids did really well. He continues to be a very precocious 4 y/o who can't wait to go to Kindergarten next year. He'll start in tee-ball in a month and believe me he is very excited for that.

We wish we could be more involved with everyone, distance does separate us physically, but it can't keep you out of our thoughts and prayers.

We're looking forward to be in RI for Adam's (my brother) wedding in June and hope to see many of you there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, we sure enjoy what is happening with all of you .

M

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big the boys are now. Jayson was in dipers last time I saw him. :( The work around the house looks great...want to come to Oregon for a week and help me out??? Love and miss all of you.
Grandma Connie

Carrie said...

Hurray and welcome to blog land! Your garage looks amazing. I love the back patio also. Hugs to everyone and see you in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you all...first blog comment and can't spell! Your dad, Kristen and I really miss you and can't wait to come visit again.