Sunday, January 11, 2009

News & Notes from Orem

Since Angie and I have gotten on Facebook we haven't been posting as regularly but this really is our primary way to share news so we'll endeavor to do better. We're all doing really well, we've gotten over our different sicknesses, thank goodness and have gotten back into our daily routines.

Angie is changing shifts so she doesn't get a 4 day break until this coming Friday. She had her first shift as an official Engineer today, we're very proud of her. I'll get some pictures of her in the Engine one of these days. She is extremely busy, she's getting ready to run the Phoenix marathon this coming Sunday (Jan 18th) she is running with her friend Jen and they are staying with Angie's uncle in Phoenix. So I'll be Mr. Mom for a couple days, nothing I'm not used to.

Tyler is starting to get into EVERYTHING, ahhh I forgot about that little feature babies have :) He's gotten very speedy in his crawling ability. He also loves to eat big boy food, while he will eat baby food, he LOVES to eat whatever his dad is eating.

Jayson and I went skiing on Friday and we had a great time once dad remembered he is only 6 and can't ski as well as dad can :) Once we spent about an hour on the tow rope and he practiced his pizza he did great, we'll be going more often this winter, the snow is great.

Kyle had his first basketball game and his team smoked the other one even though his team didn't have their best player. Kyle did really good, he even got his hair cut, will wonders never cease.

Sean has access to a car now, since my Mazda got wrecked we got an almost new car for the adults (2007 Jetta) and for the 3rd car in the household we got a 98 Hyundai Elantra. It's a stick and Sean picked it up really well.

As for me, same ol', same ol', work is extremely busy this time of year. I'm tired of shoveling snow, we had one storm a week ago where I shoveled the driveway 5 times, of course if I were to invest in a snow blower we'd stop getting snow. One of these years I will do it, once teenagers are gone that will be the time :)

I really wish it were easier to post pictures, Facebook has a really slick way to add them, wish Google would do something like that.

Hope everyone continues to have a wonderful year.

2 comments:

GRK_MMM said...

I agree about the pictures a real pain, you have to THINK. I always end up putting them in backwards, you know the last one first. Oh well, it is easier than it was in the beginning. Have a good day

Dave Chambers said...

Hi Gang! Marilyn & I just wanted to say Thank You for a great Christmas Holiday with all of you. We had such a great time with you All. Sad you were sick the last day we were there. You and Angie were fantastic and made us feel like real family. You are all great cooks & the pizza was so good! Ian is a great cook also. Again Thank you for having us over to enjoy your family & food! :) D&M