North Shore!

After leaving the pineapple plantation, we headed to the North Shore of Oahu. We stopped several times to view the awesome, gigantic waves which they are famous for! The waves were awesome, I was very surprised to see several "locals" out actually surfing them! We stopped at Matsumoto's Shaved Ice, but we were still too full from the pineapple ice cream to get anything to eat. We continued on to Lai'e and spent a few minutes at the Hawaii Temple, where we saw Mark Eubank (no, he did not have on a white sport coat!). The temple grounds were beautiful and the visitor's center there was awesome.
The wind was blowing and the waves were crashing!
Lai'e Point (walking distance from Temple)
Jen showed us around her "hometown", where she grew up, went to high school, etc...it was pretty fun (and yes, I am jealous....to grow up in Hawaii?? LUCKY!). I also discovered that I love the word "kahuku", no I don't know why, I just really like saying it! KA-HU-KU!!! LOL. (the name of Jen's High School). We were lucky enough to get to visit some of Jen's old friends and family and they fed us an awesome homecooked Hawaiian meal! YUM! It was fun to visit and learn some of the Hawaiian traditions.
After dinner we headed back to Waikiki where we were staying during our "tour" on Oahu. Early to bed as we had a busy day planned for Monday! (Back to Lai'e for a trip to the PCC!).

The wind was blowing and the waves were crashing!
Lai'e Point (walking distance from Temple)
Jen showed us around her "hometown", where she grew up, went to high school, etc...it was pretty fun (and yes, I am jealous....to grow up in Hawaii?? LUCKY!). I also discovered that I love the word "kahuku", no I don't know why, I just really like saying it! KA-HU-KU!!! LOL. (the name of Jen's High School). We were lucky enough to get to visit some of Jen's old friends and family and they fed us an awesome homecooked Hawaiian meal! YUM! It was fun to visit and learn some of the Hawaiian traditions.After dinner we headed back to Waikiki where we were staying during our "tour" on Oahu. Early to bed as we had a busy day planned for Monday! (Back to Lai'e for a trip to the PCC!).
No comments:
Post a Comment