Honolulu! We visited the "Punch Bowl" Cemetary, up on top of the punch bowl crater.....overlooking the entire city of Honolulu. The views were incredible. It was pretty eye opening, I don't think we can ever comprehend just how many people have given their lives so that we can have the freedoms we enjoy everyday. The feeling here: reverent (the same feeling I got when visiting Gettysburg and Pearl Harbor).
There were many walls decorated in colored stone, depicting all of battles that were fought during WWII.
We located a headstone for one of the astronauts that died in the horrific space shuttle Challenger disaster.
The trees were fantastic! The roots: astonishing!When we finished wandering around the cemetary, we drove a little ways to
Pali Lookout!
I love how calm it looks, the views were incredible. The winds this day were probably over 60mph! My hair was in a knot by the time we left and it took me over an hour to be able to run a comb through it. I had to steady the camera on the rock wall in order to get a decent shot in the wind.
Then I did a handstand, just because I can! (this was pretty funny, I had several oriental women taking pictures of me as well....maybe someday I'll be famous) LOL.Next, we drove back to Lai'e to tour the Polynesian Cultural Center!
The PCC grounds were absolutely gorgeous, I could have stayed there all day just taking pictures of the wonderful, green scenery.
At one of the shows, Matt was chosen out of the audience to go up on stage and drink some coconut milk! It was pretty funny, he is such a good sport.
The Tiki's!We really enjoyed all of the different Polynesian Island shows, and lucky for us...the SUN was shining and the weather: gorgeous.
We headed back to Waikiki and ate dinner at Ruth's Chris, a famous steakhouse (dinner was to die for). We shopped and spent the evening near our hotel in Waikiki, we really enjoyed watching the street people! (a guy in military attire spray painted completely gold was one of the many interesting ones). And of course, to back to bed to get ready for our next adventure.

No comments:
Post a Comment